DASH-8 Ground Boarding Ramp
The East Island Aviation Q-Ramp is a convenient piece of non-motorized ground equipment that allows passengers to board or deplane from a DASH-8 aircraft safely to the tarmac without ever having to traverse steps. Our Q-Ramp is the only manually operated ramp that can truly be maneuvered easily by one person. Our unique design allows the operator to position the ramp to the aircraft with a clear, unobstructed view at all times. Disabled wheel chair passengers can be transported up or down the Q-Ramp without difficulty thanks to one of the industry’s lowest slope angles available for Ground Boarding Ramps. The Q-Ramp features an optional overhead canopy for the main ramp section and one covering the aircraft cabin doorway.
Here are just a few of the features & benefits of our Q-Ramp…..
- All Aluminum and Stainless Steel construction so you never have to worry about rust
- Our integral gangplank provides a safe transition in to, or out of, the aircraft and fits easily in-between the stair hinges with NO chance of aircraft damage.
- Alignment wands make it easy to position the Q-Ramp to the aircraft every time
- Since there are no motorized systems, there is very little training involved. With a few practice runs, agents can easily position the Q-Ramp in a few tries.
- Safer, quicker way to board and deplane.
- No more accidents on aircraft stairs.
- Faster turn times at the gate.
- Engineered to withstand usage in 45 mph sustained winds.
Back to Ground Boarding Equipment